COVID-19 Response:We continue to monitor the pandemic curve to assess when we can safely reopen our office for visitors.

U.S. Tax Court Petitions and Representation

US Tax Court Petitions

If you received a Notice of Deficiency because of an IRS notice or audit, you generally have 90 days to file a petition with the US Tax Court. There are other so called tickets to Tax Court, all of which have their own filing requirements. Although you can file a petition with the Tax Court without the assistance of a representative, this is probably not the best course. A petitioner without a representative is still responsible to uphold the Tax Court Rules of Practice and Procedures. You also must make important decisions about your case on your own like whether to elect regular or small tax case procedures. The average taxpayer is not cut out to make these kinds of decisions, but hiring an attorney for advice can be very expensive.

As a United States Tax Court Practitioner (USTCP), admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court, I can help you file your petition or represent you before the Tax Court. Since most cases are settled before going to trial, my fees generally would be less than a tax attorney! However, if you should need an attorney at any point along the way, I will be the first to tell you.

Contact me at 520-433-9291 today to discuss your case and how I can act as your representative before the US Tax Court. You can also request a consultation through my website.